Mortgage applications and accountant certificates

One of our sole trader clients recently asked us if we would complete a mortgage reference for them to buy their first house. Of course we said we would be happy to oblige.

Most mortgage lenders will only accept a mortgage reference from an accountant qualified and registered with accounting bodies such as ICAEW, ICAS or ACCA, as we are and they are very strict about it.

We complete the mortgage reference based on the accounts we have prepared. Here is a sample of one of the current accountant certificates:

Your mortgage lender will usually give you a list of the evidence they need and what is acceptable.

Sometimes mortgage lenders require a tax overview. This is a statement from HMRC based on your Self Assessment records and gives evidence of your earnings for the last four years. It should tie in with the figures we have provided on your accountant certificate. We can access these via our portal with HMRC, or you can obtain them directly from HMRC if you wish here:

As ever, just give us a call or email if you need any advice.

Home | About us | Contact us | Site map | Accessibility | Disclaimer | Help |

Atkinson & Co, Victoria House, 87 High Street, Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire FK13 6AA

© 2018 Atkinson & Co. All rights reserved. | We use cookies on this website, you can find more information about cookies here.